Frei Manuel Guilherme was an Augustinian Vicar who worked in the Church of St John the Evangelist in Neura, Goa. The Church of St John the Evangelist was built in 1541. He was a native of Lisbon, Portugal. He departed from Lisbon in the mission of 1723 and was secretary of the congregation in Goa, Visitor of the Convents of the North. He returned to Portugal in the monsoon of 1730 and passed away soon after.