Fr Luis Tavares was a Diocesan Priest who worked as the Vicar in the Church of St James ( Sao Tiado) at Banastarim, Goa. He was then transferred as the Vicar of Sao Braz (St Blaise) at Gandaulim, Goa. The St Blaise Church in Goa was built in 1563. He was a native of Sirula, Salvador do Mundo, Goa. He died in 1804.