Fr Luis Piedade Barreto was a Goan Diocesan Priest. He worked in the Church of The Holy Spirit at Naroa, Goa as the Vicar. The Naroa Church was built in 1710. He was a native of Betalbatim, Goa. He was the chaplain at Vanxim and worked in the Parishes of Naroa and Sao Matias. He worked as the Vicar in the Church of Sao Matias, Malar, Goa. The St Matias Church at Malar on the Island of Divar in Goa was built in 1590.