Fr Lourenço Paulo Mascarenhas was a Diocesan Priest who worked as the Vicar in the Church of Sao Braz (St Blaise) at Gandaulim, Goa. The St Blaise Church in Goa was built in 1563. He was a native of Baina, Goa. He was previously Chaplain of Our Lady of Assumption Chapel. Vancio, Guirim, Goa. He then worked in the Church of John the Baptist in Pilerne, Goa.