Frei Jose das Neves was an Augustinian Vicar who worked in the Church of St John the Evangelist in Neura, Goa. The Church of St John the Evangelist at Neura was built in 1541. He was a native of Sao Pedro, Panelim de Goa. He also worked as definitor of the Congregation in 1759 and Rector of the Colegio do Populo de Goa in 1777. He was elected Provincial of the Congregation in 1783 when he passed away at Santa Cruz. He is laid to rest in Capitulo do Convento de Grasa de Goa.