Fr João Pereira was the Cura de Se in 1750 till 1776. He worked in the Se Cathedral at Old Goa. He also worked as the Vicar in the Church of Our Lady of Piedade (Piety), Divar, Goa. The Our Lady of Piedade ( Piety) Church at Divar was built in 1625. He was previously the Vicar of Seraulim, Goa. He passed away on 21 August 1810 at Piedade and was buried in the Sanctuary ( Capela-mor) of the church.