Fr João Henriques was a Diocesan Priest who worked as the Vicar in the Church of Sao Bartolomew, ( St. Bartolomeu), Chorao, Goa. The St Bartolomeu Church on the Island of Chorao was built in 1569. During his tenure the corner stone of the new church was placed on 24th August, 1624. The Church was completed on 28th May 1649. On the day of the completion there were grand celebrations with the assistance of the Archbishop D Francisco dos Martires and the Patriarch of Ethiopia D Joao Nunes Barreto S. J. He passed away on 18th December 1647 and was laid to rest in the sanctuary of the Church.