Fr Francisco Xavier Martins was a Diocesan Priest who worked as the Vicar in the Church of Our Lady of Piedade (Piety), Divar, Goa. The Our Lady of Piedade ( Piety) Church at Divar was built in 1625. He was a native of Assolna, Goa. He was previously the Vicar of Paroda, Goa. He passed away on 30 March 1834 in Piedade and was buried in the sanctuary of the Church.