St Theresa of Jesus Church, Canacona, Goa is called ‘Santa Teresa de Jesus Igreja em Canacona, Goa’ in Portuguese. St Theresa of Jesus Church, Canacona, Goa is popularly called ‘The Canacona Church’ locally in Goa. Originally a Chaplaincy was founded at Canacona in 1770, affiliated to the parish church of Sivansor (North Kanara, which belonged to the Archdiocese of Goa and Daman till 1953). On April 3, 1824 the Canacona Church was detached from Sivansor and raised to an independent parish. The Canacona church was repaired in 1860 and the present edifice of St Theresa of Jesus Church, Canacona, Goa was completed in 1966.
The Religious order present in the parish of St Theresa of Jesus Church, Canacona, Goa is the Sisters of Holy Family of Nazareth (SFN) who are based at Nirmala Convent, Mastimol, Canacona, Goa.
The Educational institutions in the parish of the Canacona, Church are St Teresa of Jesus High School, Canacona, Goa and Nirmala Convent pre primary school, Canacona, Goa both run by the Sisters of Holy Family of Nazareth.
The Number of Catholics in the Canacona parish are 2240
The Feast of St Theresa of Jesus Church, Canacona, Goa is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of January every year.
The Address of the Canacona Church is St Theresa of Jesus Church at Canacona, Goa 403702. The Telephone Contact number is 0832 2644391 and email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.