St. Sebastian Church, Tormas, Goa

St_Sebastian church_Tormas_Goa

St. Sebastian Church, Tormas, Goa is called ‘Sao Sebastiao Igreza em Tormas, Goa’ in Portuguese. The St. Sebastian Church, Tormas, Goa is popularly called ‘The Tormas Church’ locally in Goa. The first chapel in the Tormas region was situated at Alorna and it was dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi. But in 1923 it was destroyed by a flood, its facade stands till today, the Chaplain transferred his residence to the Chapel of St. Sebastian at Tormas. St. Sebastian Church, Tormas was elevated to a Parish level church on April 20, 1970.

The Religious Order based in the Parish of St. Sebastian Church, Tormas, Goa is The Sisters of Charity of St. Anne (SCHSA). The Sisters of Charity of St.Anne (SCHSA) are based at The Sisters of Charity of St Anne Convent, Tormas, Pernem, Goa.

The Educational Institution based in the Parish of St. Sebastian Church at Tormas, Goa is The St Anne’s high School, Tormas, Pernem, Goa run by The Sisters of Charity of St Anne.

The Number of Catholics in the parish of St. Sebastian Church at Tormas, Goa is 350.
The Feast of St. Sebastian Church at Tormas, Goa is celebrated on 26th January every year.

The Parish Priest at St. Sebastian Church at Tormas, Goa is Fr Caetano Crasto SAC.
The Address of The Tormas Church is St. Sebastian Church, Tormas, Ibrampur, Goa. 403503.
The Telephone Contact number of St. Sebastian Church at Tormas, Goa is 0832 2205405.

Upcoming Events

Map

Patron Saint

Religious Orders in the Parish