The St. Sebastian Church, Canaguinim, Goa is called ‘Sao Sebastiao Igreja em Canaguinim, Goa’ in Portuguese. The St. Sebastian Church, Canaguinim, Goa is locally popular as the Canaguinim Church in Goa. Originally the Canaguinim church was a chapel built in 1878. The Canaguinim chapel was affiliated initially to the parish of Assolna, followed by the parish of Velim. In 1889, the Canaguinim Chapel was affiliated to the newly formed parish of Cabo de Rama. St. Sebastian Church at Canaguinim was elevated to a full fledged parish on October 20, 1947. A new church building of St. Sebastian Church at Canaguinim was built and blessed in 1988.
The Number of Parishioners at St. Sebastian Church at Canaguinim, Goa is around 600.
The Feast of the Patron saint of Canaguinim Church, St Sebastian is celebrated on 20th January every year.
The St. Sebastian Church at Canaguinim, Goa is under the religious order of the Pilar Fathers SFX.
The address of the Canaguinim church is St. Sebastian Church, Canaguinim, Cuncolim, Goa, 403703