St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa

St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa is called ‘Sao Lourenco Igreja em Agassaim, Goa’ in Portuguese. The St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa is popularly called ‘The Agassaim Church’ locally in Goa. The Agassaim Church was originally a small chapel built before 1541. The Agassaim Chapel was replaced by a new church built by Jesuits in 1565 and enlarged within the next eighty years. Vestiges of the primitive Agassaim chapel can be seen on the northern side of the present church. The bell of the Agassaim church was acquired from the Chorao seminary in 1871.

Religious Orders based in the Parish of St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa
Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth (SFN) based at St Anthony’s Convent, Agassaim, Goa.
The Jesuits based at Subhamjinn Ashram, Agassaim, Goa.

Educational Institutions based in the Parish of St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa
St Lawrence High School, Agassaim, Goa.

Social Welfare Institutions based in the Parish of St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa
St Anthony’s Boys Home, Agassaim, Goa run by (SFN).

The Number of Catholics in the Parish of St. Lawrence the Martyr Church at Agassaim, Goa is 5500.
The Feast of St. Lawrence the Martyr Church at Agassaim, Goa is celebrated on 10th August every year.

The Address of the Agassaim Church is St. Lawrence the Martyr Church, Agassaim, Goa 403204.

Institutions in the Parish

Upcoming Events

  • Fr Mário José Acácio Leitao From: N.A. Till: N.A.
  • Map

    Patron Saint

    Religious Orders in the Parish