St. Jacinto Church, St. Jacinto Island, Goa is called ‘ Sao Jacinto Igreja em Goa’in Portuguese. The St. Jacinto Church, St. Jacinto Island, Goa is also known popularly as the St Jacinto Church locally in Goa. The existence of a chapel on the island of St Jacinto can be traced to way before 1731. The St Jacinto Chapel was then rebuilt in 1789. The St Jacinto Island chapel was replaced by a bigger structure in 1830 to accommodate the growing crowds of parishioners. The St Jacinto Chapel was elevated to the status of a Parish in April 16, 1853.
The St Jacinto Church on the island mostly caters to the religious needs of the devotees staying on the island itself and the nearby areas. Most of the parishioners of the St Jacinto Church tend to be from the fishing community who are engaged actively in fishing boats and trawlers off the seas of Mormugao. The number of Parishioners at the Church of St Jacinto at The St Jacinto Island is around 300.
The Feast of St Jacinto the Patron Saint is celebrated with much devotion by the parishioners on the last Sunday of September every year.
The address of the Church at St. Jacinto Island is St. Jacinto Church, St. Jacinto Island, Chicalim, Goa 403711
The telephone contact number of St. Jacinto Church, St. Jacinto Island, Goa is 0832 2555136.