St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa

St Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa

St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is called ‘Sao Francisco Xavier Igreja em Pirna, Goa’ in Portuguese. The St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is popularly called ‘The Pirna Church’ locally in Goa. Christianity took roots in the village of Pirna in the 16th century. Previously part of the parish of Tivim, The Pirna Church was affiliated to Revora in 1653. The Pirna Church was originally a Chapel of St. Francis Xavier which was opened to the faithful on February 8, 1792, having been rebuilt in 1845. The Chapel was raised to the Parish level of the church of St. Francis Xavier,  Pirna by Provision No 109/62 of September 12, 1962. An extensive renovation of the Pirna Church was carried out in 2003. For the last eight years, the pastoral care of the St. Francis Xavier church, Pirna parish has being entrusted to the Capuchin Fathers residing at Revora and locally, to the Maria Bambina Sisters.

The Religious Order based in the Parish of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is
The Sisters of Charity of Saints. Bartholomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa ( Maria Bambina Sisters) who are based at Gerosa Convent, Pirna, Colvale, Goa.

The Social Welfare Initiative based in the parish of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is The Gerosa Convent Dispensary, Pirna, Colvale, Goa run by The Maria Bambina Sisters.

The Number of Catholics based in the parish of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is 110.
The Feast of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is celebrated on 3rd December every year.

The Parish Priest of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is Fr Simon Rico Fernandes OFM CAP.
The Address of the Pirna Church is St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Colvale, Goa 403513.
The Telephone Contact Number of St. Francis Xavier Church, Pirna, Goa is 0832 2210142.

Image from Goa Capuchins

Upcoming Events

Map

Patron Saint

Religious Orders in the Parish