St. Francis Xavier Church, Borim, Goa is popularly called ‘The Borim Church’ locally in Goa. The Borim Church was originally a Chapel at Borim founded in the second half of the 19th century. The Borim Chapel was affiliated to the Parish of Shiroda. The statue of St. Francis Xavier was placed in the Borim chapel in 1871. The Borim Chapel was elevated to a separate parish by the provision dated December 26, 1946. The new church building of the Borim Church was blessed on November 3, 2002. The Borim Church of St Francis Xavier lies on the bank of the River Zuari at one end of the Borim Bridge which connects Borim in Central Goa to Lotoulim in South Goa.
The Number of Catholics in the Parish of St. Francis Xavier Church at Borim, Goa is 1200.
The Feast of St. Francis Xavier Church at Borim, Goa is celebrated on 3rd December every year.
The Address of the Borim Church is St. Francis Xavier Church at Borim, Ponda, Goa 403401.