St. Cosme and St. Damian Church, Bogmalo, Goa

Church-of-Saints-Cosmas-and-Damien,-Bogmalo,-Goa

History
The St. Cosme and St. Damian Church, Bogmalo, Goa is called ‘Santos Cosme e Damian Igreja em Bogmalo, Goa’ in Portuguese. St. Cosme and St. Damian Church at Bogmalo, Goa is popularly called ‘The Bogmalo church’ locally in Goa. The Bogmalo church was originally a chapel built in March 1784. The Bogmalo Chapel was originally affiliated to the parish of Chicalim. The Bogmalo Chapel was expanded and rebuilt in 1890. In 1956, the Bogmalo chapel was elevated to the Parish of St. Cosme and St. Damian Church, Bogmalo, Goa.

The Chapels without Chaplains located in the Bogmalo Parish are Our Lady of Guadalope Chapel, Issorsim, Bogmalo, Goa and St. Sebastian Chapel, Chicolna, Bogmalo, Goa.

The Number of Catholics in the parish of the St. Cosme and St. Damian Church at Bogmalo, Goa is around 1200.
The Feast of the St. Cosme and St. Damian Church at Bogmalo, Goa is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday after Easter every year.

The Parish Priest of St. Cosme and St. Damian Church at Bogmalo, Goa is Fr Lourdinho Pereira.
The Address of the Bogmalo Church is St. Cosme and St. Damian Church, Bogmalo, Dabolim, Goa 403806.

Chapel

Map

Patron Saint