St. Clare Church, Assonora, Goa

St. Clare Church, Assonora, Goa

St. Clare Church, Assonora, Goa is called ‘Santa Clara Igreja em Assonora, Goa’ in Portuguese. St. Clare Church, Assonora, Goa is popularly called ‘The Assonora Church’ locally in Goa. The Assonora church was originally a chapel built in 1781. The Assonora Chapel was however burnt down several times by the Marathas and was rebuilt every time it was destroyed. The Assonora chapel was originally affiliated to the parish of Tivim to the St Christopher Church in Tivim. The Assonora Chapel was raised to the status of a Parish of St. Clare Church, Assonora on 18.10.1805.

The Religious Order based in the Parish of St. Clare Church at Assonora, Goa is
The Poor Sisters of Our Lady(PSOL), based at Infant Jesus of Prague Convent, Auchit Waddo, Assonora, Goa.

The Educational Institution based in the Parish of St. Clare Church at Assonora, Goa is
St. Clare’s High Schoo, Assonora, Goa run by The Poor Sisters of Our Lady.

The Number of Catholics in the Parish of St. Clare Church at Assonora, Goa is 2300.
The Feast of St. Clare Church at Assonora, Goa is celebrated on the 2nd Saturday of May every year.

The Address of the Assonora Church is St Clare Church, Assonora, Goa 403503.

Institutions in the Parish