St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa

St Anne's Church Agonda Goa

St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa is called ‘Santa Ana Igreja em Agonda, Goa’ in Portuguese. The church is popularly known as ‘The Agonda Church’ locally in Goa. The Agonda Church was originally a chapel affiliated to the parish church of Canacona. The Agonda Chapel was founded before 1859. The Agonda Chapel was rebuilt between 1882 and 1888 through the efforts of  Fr. Jose Bento Martins, Superior General of the society of Pilar, who was based in Agonda temporarily. The Agonda chapel was raised to the church level in December, 1888. A new construction of the St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa was built in 1951. In 1996, this parish was entrusted to the members of the Society of Pilar. The present enlarged building of St. Anne Church at Agonda, Goa was constructed in 2001.

The Religious order based in the parish of St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa is The Sisters of Mary Immaculate (SMI). The Sisters of Mary Immaculate (SMI) are based at Sisters of Mary Immaculate Convent, Agonda, Canacona, Goa.

The Religious institutions based in the parish of St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa are St Anne High School, Agonda, Goa and Mary Immaculate Pre Primary School, Agonda, Goa run by the Sisters of Mary Immaculate.

The Chapel without a Chaplain in the parish of St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa is Christ the King Chapel, Saleri, Agonda, Goa

The number of Catholics in the parish of St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa is 2,500
The Feast of St. Anne Church, Agonda, Goa is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year.

The Address of the Agonda church is St. Anne Church at Agonda, Goa 403702

Agonda church Image Courtesy http://mariapauloagonda.com

Institutions in the Parish

Upcoming Events

Map

Patron Saint

Religious Orders in the Parish