Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa

Our Lady of Piety Church, Colem, Goa

History:
The Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is called ‘Nossa Senhora da Piedade Igreja em Collem, Goa’ in Portuguese. The Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is popularly known locally as ‘The Collem Church’ locally in Goa. The Collem Church was originally a modest Cross which was replaced with a chapel in 1882. The Collem Chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Piety was rebuilt and blessed in 1916. The Collem Chapel was firstly under the Parish of Siroda and later transferred to the Parish of Sanvordem Church. In 1955, Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa was raised to a full fledged parish.

The Religious orders in the parish of Collem are The Missionaries of Saint Francis SFX also known as the Pilar Fathers and Daughters of the Cross of Liege (FC). The Pilar Fathers are based at The Dudhsagar Krishi Udyog Farm, Colem, Vanque Culna, Shigao, Goa  and at  The Kalay Farm, Pilar Fathers Farm. Dudhal, Kalay, Sanguem, Goa and The Shisyalaya Novitiate, Colem, Goa. The Daughter of the Cross of Liege (FC) are based at Priti Sagar, Colem, Goa.

The Educational Institution present in the Parish of Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is
Our Lady of Piety High School which is run by the Pilar Fathers (SFX) and the Sunshine Play School run by the Daughters of the Cross of Liege (FC).

The number of Catholics in the Parish of Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is around 1800
The Feast of the Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is celebrated on the second Sunday of November every year.

The Parish Priest of Our Lady of Piety Church in Collem, Goa is Fr Tadeo D’Silva SFX.
The Assistant Priest of Our Lady of Piety Church in Collem, Goa is Fr Santosh D’Souza SFX.

The Address of the Collem Church is Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Dharbandora, Goa, 403410.
The Telephone Contact number of Our Lady of Piety Church, Collem, Goa is 0832 2600309.
The Email address of Our Lady of Piety Church at Collem, Goa is pietychurch@yahoo.com.

 

Institutions in the Parish