Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa is called ‘Nossa Senhora do Carmo Igreja em Arambol, Goa’ in Portuguese. Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa is popularly called ‘The Arambol Church’ locally in Goa. The Arambol Church was initially a primitive church built in 1780 and dedicated to St John the Baptist. This was the first church in the Pernem Taluka, at the time this area was annexed to the then Portuguese territory of Goa. The church was re constructed in 1841 as the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Arambol, with Our Lady of Mount Carmel as the patron of the church. A part of the frontispiece was reconstructed and the church was repaired in 1878. In the year 2000, the church building of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa was enlarged and a new parochial house was built.

The Religious Order based in the Parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel , Arambol, Goa is The Canossian Daughters of Charity (FDCC). The Canossian Daughters of Charity are based in Arambol at Stella Maris, Modhlo Vaddo, Arambol, Goa.

The Educational Institution based in the parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa is Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School, Arambol, Goa.

The Number of Catholics in the parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa is 1985.
The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Arambol, Goa is celebrated on 9th January every year.

 

 

 

Institutions in the Parish

Upcoming Events

Map

Patron Saint

Religious Orders in the Parish