Our Lady of Exile Church, Desterro, Goa

Our-Lady-of-Exile Church, Desterro Goa

History:
A primitive chapel dedicated to St Thomas was built in 1672 in Desterro, Goa.  This Chapel to St Thomas was then replaced with the present chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Exile at Desterro also called ‘Nossa Senhora do Desterro, Goa’ in Portuguese which was affiliated to the St Andrew’s Parish in Vasco. In January 1997, the new parish was created of Our Lady of Exile Church, Desterro, Goa.

The Religious Order present in the Parish of Our Lady of Exile Church, Desterro, Goa is the religious order of The Ursulines of the Mary Immaculate (UMI). The Ursulines of Mary Immaculate are based in Desterro at The Our Lady of Desterro Convent, Vasco Da Gama, Goa.

The Educational Institution present in the parish of Our Lady of Exile Church, Desterro, Goa is The Our Lady of Desterro High School.

The number of parishioners in the Parish of Our Lady of Exile Church at Desterro, Goa is around 950.
The Feast of Our Lady of Exile Church at Desterro, Goa is celebrated on the second Sunday of January every year.

The Parish Priest of Our Lady of Exile Church at Desterro, Goa is Fr Lourdinho Anthony Rodrigues.
The address of the Desterro church is Our Lady of Exile Church, Desterro, Vasco Da Gama, Goa 403802.

 

Institutions in the Parish

Map

Patron Saint

Religious Orders in the Parish