Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa

Our-Lady-of-Candeleria,church, Baina,Goa

History :
Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa is known as ‘Nossa Senhora da Candelaria Igreja em Baina, Goa’. Our Lady of Candelaria Church at Baina, Goa is also popular locally in Goa as ‘The Baina Church’. The Baina Church was originally a chapel built before 1796 affiliated to St Andrews Church, Vasco.. The Baina Chapel was expanded in 1905. In 1978, the Baina chapel was elevated to  and raised by a provision dated 17.6.1905. In 1978, the chapel was elevated to the status of a Parish and Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa was formed. The front of the Baina church was rebuilt in 1981 while extensive repairs were done to the Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa in 1985.

The Educational institution in the parish of Our Lady of Candelaria Church in Baina, Goa is The Our Lady of Candelaria School, Baina, Vasco Da Gama, Goa.

The number of Catholics in the parish of Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa is around 1,900.
The Feast of Our Lady of Candelaria Church, Baina, Goa is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year.

The Parish Priest of the Our Lady of Candelaria Church at Baina, Goa is Fr Vital F.X.Miranda
The Address of the Baina Church is Our Lady of Candelaria Church at Baina, Vasco Da Gama, Goa 403802.

 

Institutions in the Parish

Map

Patron Saint