The Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa is known as ‘Mae de Deus Igreja em Majorda, Goa’ in Portuguese. The Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa is also popularly called ‘The Majorda Church’ in Goa. The Majorda church was founded in 1588 and was made a parish church during the tenure of Archbishop Aleixo de Menezes. The Church was set on fire by the Marathas in April 1738. However it was soon repaired and rebuilt in 1739.
The Religious order present in the Parish of Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa is the Carmelite Religious of Trivandrum CCR based at The Mother of God Convent at Majorda, Goa.
The Number of Parishioners is the Parish of Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa is around 8,000.
The Educational institutions present in the Majorda Church Parish are The Fr Basilio Andrade Memorial Higher Secondary School and the St Anthony High School Both located in Majorda.
The Chapels without Chaplains present in the Majorda Parish are Our Lady of Miracles, Pacheco Vaddo, Majorda, Goa and St Sebastian Chapel, Dongorim, Majorda, Goa.
The Feast of Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of May Every year.
The Parish Priest of the Majorda Church is Fr Ave Maria Afonso. The Assistant to the Parish Priest of Majorda Church is Fr Benson Colaco. The Priest on Staff of the Majorda Church is Fr Martinho Menino Jesus Gomes and the Priest in Residence is Fr Cristino Fernandes.
The Address of the Majorda Church is Mother of God Church, Majorda, Goa, 403713.
The Contact Telephone number of the Majorda Church is 0832 2754447.