The Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Old Goa, Goa was previously a Chapel built in 1526 and made into a Parish Church amongst the Churches in Goa in 1543. It later became the the ‘Colegiada’ or Collegiate with one Prior and four beneficiados. However, in 1810 it was one of the Goan Churches which faced with declining attendance and patronage. As a result it soon ceased to be a collegiate and the Parish soon became extinct there after. The Our Lady of the Rosary Church at Old Goa was then converted into a Chapel. The chapel was affiliated to the Se Cathedral. The Chapel gained prominence when it was selected as a National Monument in 1932. The Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Old Goa is located near the Monastery of Santa Monica and is at a short distance from the Se Cathedral at Old Goa.