Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa

Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa

The Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is called ‘Santissima Trinidade Igreja em Nagoa Arpora, Goa’ in Portuguese.  The Holy Trinity Church at Nagoa, Arpora is Popularly Called ‘The Arpora Church’ locally in Goa. The Arpora Church was founded in 1560 and was the second foundation of the Franciscans in Bardez. The Arpora church came to be called Matriz (Mother) for its jurisdiction extended over five villages of Parra, Anjuna, Assagao, Siolim, Oxel and Saligao which, in due time, were raised to the status of Independent parishes. In 1679 the reconstruction of the Arpora church  was carried out and it was further improved in 1893.

The Religious Order based in the Parish of Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is
Society of Jesus (SJ) based at St. Xavier’s Retreat House, Baga, Goa.
Canossian Daughters of Charity (FDCC) based at Our Lady of Good Counsel, Viegas Vaddo, Arpora, Goa.
Presentation Sisters (PBVM) based at Prem Anjali Convent, Calangute, Nagoa, Goa.

The Educational Institution based in the Parish of Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is
St. Joseph’s High School, Arpora, Goa.

The Number of Catholics based in the Parish of Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is 2,400.
The Feast of Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is celebrated 2 weeks after Easter every year.

The Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Church at Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is Fr Urbano Menezes.
The Address of The Arpora Church is Holy Trinity Church, Nagoa, Arpora, Goa 403518.
The Telephone Contact number of Holy Trinity Church at Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is 0832 2409444.
The Website of Holy Trinity Church at Nagoa, Arpora, Goa is www.holytrinitynagoa.com.

 

Church Image from joegoaukchurches2

 

Institutions in the Parish