Holy Family Church, Marcela, Goa is called ‘Sagrada Familia Igreja em Marcela, Goa’ in Portuguese. The Holy Family Church, Marcela, Goa is popularly called ‘The Marcela Church’ locally in Goa. The Marcela church was originally a primitive chapel which was built in 1630. The Marcela chapel was affiliated to the parish of Sao Bras. The Marcela church was rebuilt at least twice, before it was raised to a parish church on May 20, 1831. On March 8, 1998, a new and more spacious church building of the Marcela church was blessed.
The Number of Catholics in the Parish of Holy Family Church at Marcela, Goa is 1250.
The Feast of Holy Family Church at Marcela, Goa is celebrated on the second Saturday of May every year.
The Marcela church is dedicated to the patronage of the Holy Family .
The Parish of Holy Family Church at Marcela, Goa is administered by the Divine Word Society (SVD) religious order.
The Address of the Marcela church is Holy Family Church at Marcela, Goa 403107.